The Lookup module type allows an advocate to lookup their local, state, and federal officials by entering their zip code. To add the lookup module to your public facing site, hover your mouse over the Sites tab and select Standard Pages. Click on the “+ add module” button in the page section where you would like it to appear and select Lookup Officials/Candidates.
If a module option is faded, that means that it is not available in that module section.
- Module Name: The name of the module. The module name will not appear on the public facing site, only in the Engage admin. This field is required.
- Person Type: Choose if you would like the advocate to view their official or candidates for the lookup module.
- Government Levels: Select the level(s) for the lookup module.
- Federal will display the advocate’s congressional members.
- State will display the advocate’s state legislators.
- Local will include local elected official data for cities and counties with populations over 25,000.
- Display Title: The name that will appear on your public facing site. This field is optional.
- Display Intro Text: This text will appear between the title text and the search box. This field is optional.
- Button Text: Is the actionable button.
An example of a public facing officials/candidate lookup module can be seen in the image below.