Featured Item modules appear as a slideshow on your public facing site.
The featured item module is only meant to display a list of Issue Pages and Engagements. If you select a list that includes other items (bills, votes, etc.), only the Issue Page and/or Engagement will be shown on the slideshow.
Start by creating your list. To change the order of the items in your list, click on the three dashes found on the far left of the gray link box and drag up or down. To remove an item from your list, click on
To add a Featured Item module to your public facing site, hover your mouse over the Sites tab and select Standard Pages. Click on the “+ add module” button in the page section where you would like it to appear and select Featured Item.
If a module option is faded, as the “Stream” and “Featured Story” options are in the image above, it is not available in that module section.
- Module Name: The name of the module. The module name will not appear on the public facing site, only in the Engage admin. This field is required.
- Choose List: Select a list containing Issue Pages and/or Engagements from the drop down menu. This field is required.
- Number of items to display: is the number of items from your list that you would like shown on your public facing site. For example, if you select a list that contains 7 items and you entered 4 as the number of items to display, only the first 4 items from that list will be displayed on your site. A maximum of 10 items can be featured in a single Featured Item Module. This field is required.
- Show Engagements: If selected, will only show the Engagements on the selected list on the public facing site.
- Show Issues: If selected, will only show the Issue Pages on the selected list on the public facing site.
- Show Image: If selected, will display the image (if any) you selected when editing your Issue Page or Engagement on the public facing site.
- Show Background Image: If selected will display the background image (if any) you selected when editing your Issue Page or Engagement on the public facing site.
Click the “Add Module” button to add the new module to your draft page and click the “Publish Page” button to make your changes to your public facing site. An example of a public facing Featured Item Module can be seen in the image below.